Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sunset

So the last of my exams as a third year Btech got over today. The first thing I did with my freedom was drink some orange juice, and then head off to the beach.

Now, usually I go there at about six fifteen, walk from the entrance near the ATM all the way to the one near NITK STEP. Its great fun, walking with the waves lapping at your feet. And occasionally drenching your shorts. So by the time I walk the whole distance, I reach the entrance near STEP (and close to the girls' block, I might add) at sunset. I watch the sun go down, praying for a clear horizon so I can see the Sun hit the water... rarely happens. Then I turn back and head to the hostels, picking up some fruit from the grocers on the way.

Well, today I learnt its the time just after sunset that's the best time to be on the beach, when the sky is in various shades of blue and red, and the whole air seems to become golden or pinkish. Its that calm dusk mood, that... subdued feeling thats so nice, relaxing. Great to be with your friends too, right then. The sand looks different, the water... its simply amazing!

So from now on, I'm rescheduling my beach trips to just before sunset till a while after :). And since I'm in final year, I'll be doing that a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home