Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The BTech

I never wanted to make the first post a rant, but right now this is whats on my mind.
I'm fed up with BTech. I can't believe I'm earning my graduation this way. I actually thought you understood Fundae, and applied them with some creativity and get workable solutions. I dont think i should say I'm doing Engineering, rather, I'm writing BTech Exams, and pretty soon: I'm just staying in a hostel doing nothing with my life.

Every day this series of lecturers will walk in. They'll fill you with a gallon of their Favourite Author... the one book they ever read since joining this place. This will be done with an air that they are actually teaching you 'concepts' and making you learn something, sharing their 'knowledge and experience'. Actually, its plain boring. We won't listen to any of it, and chuck it into this ingenious device from Hell called the Backlog. Now the beauty of the BTech course is that you never need to open the Backlog. And it never changes size. Ironically a marvel of engineering. Then come the Finals. On this day, most will open the bag and plunk their heads in it, drinking it up all they can till the wee hours of the morning. They walk into class, their bladders groaning under the strain, Until finally the paper comes, and its all puked onto the answer sheet. Depending on how much you could fill yourself with, you score that much better. The rest is just pissed out immediately on the way out of the hall.
Its pathetic. These guys then walk around with astronomically high GPAs. Hope they die of kidney failure.

Yeah, I know, its THE SYSTEM. I never really minded History and Hindi and all that. Because it was alongside English, Math and Science. I used to finish going through all the short stories and Non-Detail texts before school re-opened. At least something in BTech could have been interesting. Why must it be some fringe moments in tech fests to feel like an engineer.

But this, is the pits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home